Headlight & Tail light Replacement
The headlights and tail lights on your vehicle will eventually stop functioning. When this happens, it is important to have a trained mechanic inspect your vehicle so that you know exactly what went wrong and what needs to be done to get your vehicle's lights shining again.
Whether its a simple bulb, the electrical system components like wiring or anything in between, we will be able to quickly identify the problem and replace any parts necessary with manufacturer-specified quality parts.
We have access to parts for every luxury German auto brand on the market. In addition to normal headlights, we are also able to provide aftermarket headlight replacement. These parts are usually ultra high performance and can give new life to your car. Like all other repairs and services, we offer a 2 year, 24,000 mile warranty on all headlight replacements and related repairs.
There are a few types of headlights that are available on the market:
- Halogen - these are brighter than normal headlights
- LED - less power consumption than Halogen, but are pricey
- Xenon - some of the most expensive, but they operate at lower temperatures and are some of the brightest headlights on the market
When To Replace Headlights
Here are some common signs of a failing headlight that you should look out for. As a rule of thumb, if you see that one headlight bulb is starting to fade, then there is a good chance that the other will soon fade as well.
- Dimming: headlight bulbs will start to produce less light over time
- Flickering: if you notice the light turning on and off quickly, then the bulb is close to failure
- No light: if the headlight won't turn on, then there could be problems with the electrical system, but it is usually safe to say that the bulb is most likely just burnt out
Tail light ReplacementTail lights usually come in pairs and usually the turning lights are part of a complete tail light. If your tail light is out, then you should have it replaced immediately. Once you have the part, replacing a tail light is a fairly straightforward process that most can do themselves:
- Usually, there will be mounting bolts or another assembly allowing for easy replacement. Find this area near the headlight itself.
- Remove the bolts or other apparatus holding the headlight in place.
- Remove the tail light assembly
- Remove the burnt bulb
- Match numbers on brake bulb with the replacement
- If necessary, put on dieletric grease
- Replace the bulb
- Remount the light socket
- Perform tests to ensure light is working
- Install the tail light back into place
- tighten mounting bolts
Hazy or Stained headlights
Usually headlight staining or yellowing is not a big cause for concern. The headlight will usually not need to be replaced. Instead, a fresh polish and application of cleaning solutions is enough to bring out the clarity again.
Vehicles which are old can definitely benefit from an upgraded replacement. Newer-style headlights can increase the aesthetic look of a car quite a bit. This is a popular upgrade for our customers with older Mercedes-Benz models.
Headlight restoration is something can that easily be done at home with a bit of research. However, if you need professional services, then we can help.
The primary problem with hazy headlights is that it will impact the amount of light that is shining through them. This can cause visibility issues during nighttime travel.
Malone's Service Guarantee
We are professional mechanics who have experience with every single European luxury brand on the market. We offer quality service at reasonable prices and all of our work is backed up by a 2 year warranty.
If you are not satisfied with our services, then we will work with you until the problem with your headlights or tail lights is fixed. Our happy, loyal customers are our strongest asset, and we intend to keep it that way.